Friday, February 17, 2012

So You Say You Aren't a Sensitive Person? 'Boys Town' (1938)



I've been under the weather and didn't take my meds yesterday thinking I was okay. Well, perhaps you know the outcome on that. Everyone say... Relapse. A doctor's visit may be forthcoming? We shall see but it's getting a bit depressing.

I lay on the couch talking to the Lord and then decided I would treat myself to a good ol' movie. I think the Lord enjoyed it too. : )

Boys Town (1938) A really nice site for the movie and the real Boys Town. Interesting quotes will be found here as well.

This is one of those movies you could take the good Lord to! And that's the only kind in our book. : )

The brief scene described below gets to me everytime as the movie opens, this synopsis is from tcm.com. To me? Words can't adequately describe this scene and it makes me emotional everytime I see it. You see...It seems there are always those who are ignored or shunned for various reasons no matter what the age; perceived class or status, liberal or conservative, specific religious doctrine, insecurities or shallowness of the shunners, blah, blah, blah etc. and so many times by cliquish groups or factions of people. I'm sure it breaks Christ's heart. I know it bothers my heart many times.

Some may say...Well I'm just not a sensitive person.

So you say you aren't a sensitive person? Maybe you should pray about that. Pray you would be a sensitive person.




As Dan Farrow prepares to go to the electric chair, he indicts society for its part in his crimes. As he tells Father Edward Flanagan, "If I had only had one friend at twelve, I wouldn't be here." Dan's words haunt Flanagan and when he returns to Omaha he decides that he will open a home for boys in trouble. With a small stake from kindhearted pawnbroker Dave Morris, Flanagan starts the home but constantly must sway people who think that his philosophy "there's no such thing as a bad boy" is naive.

Boys Town won 2 Oscars and another 3 nominations.

Watch it: 'Boys Town' (1938)

Boys Town is still in Operation today.


“Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ”
~Galations 6:2


Article: Bearing One Another's Burdens
Institute of Creation Research


That's all for now... Love to All, ~Amelia

No comments: