Sunday, February 12, 2012

Christianity Or Culture?



Rick Santorum with Bella

“This child…can do nothing but love me.” Santorum observed, “That’s me with the (Heavenly) Father—I am so profoundly disabled in His eyes.”


~Rick Santorum



Albert Schweitzer:

"Ethics is nothing other than Reverence for Life. Reverence for Life affords me my fundamental principle of morality, namely, that good consists in maintaining, assisting and enhancing life, and to destroy, to harm or to hinder life is evil."


Albert Schweitzer was consistent in his beliefs and I appreciate that.

This sermon by Paris Reidhead is considered a classic and mentions Albert Schweitzer's consistency...The sermon is found at the top of the list of recommendations on Sermonindex.net:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead


Praying for our nation, may we return back to the Lord as a Church and nation. Will we take our marching orders from the culture or the Lord? Has anyone else out there noticed and been troubled by the trend to worship the culture?



14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14


Take care now, Love, ~Amelia

1 comment:

auntie said...

Good morning! You are a bright ray of sunshine on this very gloomy, snowy, and cold day. Right now I am sitting at my table with a cup of coffee beside me. I laid out my prettiest cup and saucer for you on my new green gingham tablecloth. We can start out with howdie-doo's or just savor each other's company.
The world has taken a bad turn you are right. But I truly believe that our prayers, witness, and love for each other will assist the Lord in his triumph over this evil in our land. Bless you and your beautiful girlies and a great big hug for hubby. I'll see you tomorrow after the pot is done brewing.