Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Made For Each Other (1939)

I love this movie, this was one of the first old movies I purchased years ago and it's still one of my favorites, Jimmy Stewart plays the new father. This scene depicts the new couple as their baby boy is in the hospital fighting for his innocent life. Shown here is the mother and her mother in law sharing such a sweet moment after being at odds that are many times very typical. At the end of the clip, the mother in desperation as she sees her sweet baby laying in an oxygen tent...she asks quietly, desperately within herself what can she do....

EDIT: Videos posted here were discontinued. Please see above entry (April 20) for a direct site with entire movie! : )

You will hear this mother call upon God to help their little baby...

Most parts of the movie are not that sobering but lighthearted, so many moments in this young married couple's life I can relate to as the couple struggles financially, my husband is in business for himself and oh how I can relate to so much of their struggles.

No matter what Christian faith you are this should touch your heart. I try not to claim any particular Christian faith, I try to stay with the Bible, and prayer time in communion with the Lord. In our particular area of the country the division can be disheartening. There are so many 'religious experts' it seems, blogs being done etc. touting theology instead of Jesus. Oh it ought not be.

The greatest commandment of all:

Matthew 22:36-40
(New International Version)

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."


I hope everyone is having a sweet day and week.
If you're in the mood for sentimental thoughts....you may enjoy my thats-italian.blogspot too. Blessings!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Amelia, my name is Amanda. I found your blog from Jana's blog. I was drawn to your blog by your title~Vision for a Godly Home. I read several of your posts and appreciate your desire to serve your family.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to coming here again to read your posts!