Monday, October 10, 2011

See it! The Movie: Courageous & Another Golden Oldie

loading ... ~Robert Stock
I'm not one to jump up and down when a new movie comes out, and I've been guilty I suppose of not being that excited when Christian movies come out...I tend to be a bit on the passive side of excitement. I think maybe I've been so disappointed in people and things in typical lukewarm Christiandom or should I say Churchdom, and the system, I tend to think okay, maybe so...maybe so...

Now please know this has no bearing on my personal relationship with Jesus. He is the same always with me, my sweet Jesus is who upholds me, He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own and and the joy we share as we tarry there.. no other has ever known. And I know there are good churches out there but we may have to drive over an hour to get to them or have homechurch, and we do both.

But I must say the new movie Courageous is a MUST SEE!

Our family went to go see it last Saturday afternoon and oh my, oh my, oh my! You will be on the edge of your seat! This movie will make you laugh and cry and bite your nails in suspense the entire time! You will NOT be bored!

I do have one warning though. The previews at the particular theatre we went to were HORRIBLE. At our particular theatre it would have been much better to arrive 15 minutes late and bypass the previews. My hubby and I were livid. I looked at our girls and they had their heads down thank God. Our daughters are ages 17 to 28 by the way so hopefully that tells you something.

...............................

And for the at home movie watchers such as us?
As many of you know we love, love, love, old black and white movies. They are so much and full of character than the stuff out there now with the exception of wonderful Christian movies like Courageous above.

Our family recently enjoyed:

The Catered Affair (1956)



Many, many life lessons in this movie. Serious poignant stuff here...We were so touched by it. We've viewed this one several times.

You will see how comparing and keeping up with the Jones will affect families. So very sad but so rich in lessons.

We just love Ernest Borgnine in most all movies we've seen with him. Betty Davis is in her later years, and what a part she plays, so different than what we are used to when we hear the name, Betty Davis. There is a darling Irish uncle in the small apartment too...and of course I'm partial to the Bronx...That is where my step dad was from. We loved him so.

At the end of the movie, I looked at our 28 year old daughter and she had tears in her eyes...If you see the movie you'll see why...

Life lessons, life lessons, life lessons, oh that we would learn sooner than later and sometimes movies like this will keep us in line.

"This story uncovers real feelings in a real world."
~Ernest Borgnine

See this wonderful trailer HERE:

..............................................................................................................

For a good entry: Abhor that Which is Evil by guest writer and friend see our daughter Michelle's blog HERE.
....................................................................................


Take care all, as mothers we can make our homes a haven with our attitudes, we can make everyday a party and every simple meal a feast!

I have two last suggestions in the way of books that may help with that for us parents:

I may not agree with every teensy thing in these books but all in all, they are delightful. Mrs. Sharp's is a idea packed book of simple monthlyVictorian celebrations in the home. All very do-able. Beautiful book. Last Child is a life changer, a real eye-opener in this age of electric plugs and gadgets, the Lord used this book in our journey back to the country.

Mrs. Sharp's Traditions
and Last Child in the Woods: Saving our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder

Let's not forget the B.I.B.L.E yes, that's the book for me.

My favorite devotional: Streams in the Desert

Time's a-wastin' so I better get going! Enjoy your families! Blessings! ~Amelia

Everyday happening in our home will be found at MyForestCathedral.blogspot. For recipes and additional old great movie suggestions you will see updates soon on thats-italian.blogspot.

No comments: