Friday, May 13, 2011

Jump Into Motherhood with Your WHOLE Heart

This afternoon I took the time to read this devotional in my inbox. It is so encouraging, I hope you enjoy it too...

Jump In!

Lately I've seen so much compromise and lack of integrity even in the homeschool realm. People may talk the talk but what are they spending time on? Who are they spending time with? Time is our currency, what are we teaching and what we spend our time on tells the tale. What are we stressing in our homeschools and homes? What is the end to what we are stressing?

Is it a quiet and peaceful life? Are we following the herd or are we following the Word? Shallow, immature popularity or Peace and Contentment with God? A true living relationship with the Lord Jesus or a Religious Groupie?

I hope we pick the better. It may not be the popular thing, no, you may not have a cheap junior high following but the higher road is usually not the popular road. I will say there is a sweet Peace there though, it's a Peace and Sweetness that money cannot buy, it's a sweetness of the Lord's Presence. He is our All.

Give us Father Knows Best again! With the Lord we can have that! Oh give us churches that will stand behind us! Give us grandparents that will stand for righteousness! Godly pastors once again. Homeschool families that love Jesus and not the world or it's system. Sweet true blue young women void of flirtations and forwardness, young women and men who will be faithful friends, not looking desperately as if they are starved for the approval or need of people or peers! Godly young men who recognize a sweet young lady when they see one not stupidly falling for Jezebel like a lamb led to slaughter. Parents who teach and warn their young people! Of course parents must have hearts right themselves to do this!

Sometimes when I see what is happening around us I ask outloud...

Where are the parents?

Oh may we stay on top of things! We do not have to participate in the system! We must stay in prayer and close fellowship with the Father in these perilous times. We must!

I loved this sweet photo of this darling young lady... It says so much. So very much.
loading ... Robert Stock

I hope everyone is having a sweet week in Jesus. Please feel free to check my thats-italian.blogspot for simple sewing and an easy breezy company meal. I also hope to have an old 40s movie recommendation very soon there as well. : ) Blessings to All!

2 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

I always enjoy reading your heart, Mrs. Amelia. I was encouraged. Give the girls a big "Hello" from me.

Laurie said...

Very well said, as always, Amelia! I do miss you very much! I hope you're getting all settled in and adjusted to you new home. You must be loving it!
Much love,
Laurie